Clean Wipes 640 optical-grade lint free fiber optic wipes are a durable fiber optic cleaning tool that delivers perfectly clean end-faces at the lowest possible cost-per-cleaning.
- 640 cleanings per box
- Rugged plastic box protects the inner cardboard box from damage during transit
- Eight cleaning slots on the top of the device enables techs to perform multiple cleanings on the same piece of fabric without re-using any portion of the wipe
- Cleaning slots are color-coded using the TIA-598-D color scheme, which is widely recognized in the industry
- Cleaning slots feature closer spacing so the tool can clean both duplex connector end-faces simultaneously
- The inner box has a static-dissipative lining which eliminates any static on the end-faces and hence the contamination that static might cause
The Clean Wipes 640 wipes are engineered for both cleaning bare fiber before fusion splicing and for cleaning fiber end-faces. This rugged product delivers perfectly clean optical fiber at the lowest possible cost-per-cleaning.
Made with unique, “high-modulus” fabric wiping material. While this fabric is more expensive than cheap paper wipes made with cellulose and glue, the high modulus fabric resists shredding even when cleaning LC connectors. They also have a capability to dissipate static that cellulose wipes cannot match.When fiber end-faces are inserted into the slots fingerprints, oils, grime, polishing compound, dust and lint quickly are swept away. For most end-users a single wipe is all that is needed for perfectly clean connectors.
Multifunctional, the soft but strong Clean Wipe fabric is ideal for both cleaning bare fiber and fiber optic connector end-faces, as well as lenses, mirrors, diffraction gratings, prisms and test equipment.
All of this packaging and technology ensures end-users always get the best cleaning at the lowest possible cost. The expected cost-per-cleaning is 2.8¢ per connector.
The part number is #MCC-WCS640. The older product, the WCS400, will be available until supplies are exhausted. For more information or to request a sample, click on the “Contact Us” button on this web site.